How was your day?
High – well, finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was pretty cool.
Low – I could have done without falling down the abandoned mineshaft.
Translates brilliantly to sewing too, thanks to Crafting A Rainbow.
I’m going to use the sometimes controversial ‘Boss’ scale to rate these:
Like A Boss – Hugo Boss – Boss Hogg
Top left to bottom right we have the:
- Barley Harvest Skinny Scarf
- A Bird in the Hand Skirt
- Re-fashioned shell
- Purple Skirt
- Purple bloom top
I wear all of these loads and I rate them all at a level between Hugo Boss and Like A Boss. In the spirit of self-knowledge I would say the reason that they are successful is that they suit my body shape. I am all angles on the top and rounded at the bottom. I favour a slim fitted rear and gathers, shaping and general attention-drawing-enhancements at the top.
Some of these are almost too painful to discuss in public. Again top left to bottom right:
- Circle Skirt – now, she received a lot of blog love but I couldn’t get on with the colour. I dyed her Pebble Beige (what was I thinking?), and she know lives un-ironed and un-loved in the airing cupboard.
- Ill-advised top-stitching. The dress turned out all right in the end but this photo serves to remind me that not all fitting issues can be fixed by top-stitching.
- Denim trousers. Just feel like the dorkiest of dorks in these, so bad I don’t even blog about the attempts to remedy the fit/style problems. Maybe they need to be a skirt?
- Re-fashion fails. It’s taken me a while to accept these as fails but it they don’t get worn I guess it tells me something. Totally at the Boss Hogg end of the ‘Boss’ Scale.
Let’s finish with one of my favourite photos of the year!